ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Assistance Needed: Ray-Traced 3D Error that I cannot find anywhere

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Jacek
Assistance Needed: Ray-Traced 3D Error that I cannot find anywhere
on Oct 24, 2014 at 11:04:23 pm

I've been battling a Ray Trace 3D bug for over a month now at my college, and it's driving me crazy. Using Dell XPS towers with Nvidia GTX 745 cards, I cannot shake the dreaded 5070 error. The crazy thing is, the error produces a line of text that turns up absolutely nothing an any internet search. I've copied the text letter by letter and turn up absolutely zero results if I use quotes. That seems strange to me, so I'd like to ask if anyone has seen this at all.

After Effects error: Ray-traced 3D: Cannot create context for ray tracer.
( 5070 :: 1 )

I've even just isolated the "Cannot create context for ray tracer" in a Google, Bing, and Yahoo search, and turned up zero results.

I've been able to produce this error every time, as soon as I try to invoke the ray-traced 3D with GPU. The card is unsupported, but I am checking the box. I can reproduce it on After Effects CC 2014, both versions (June and October).

We're using XPS 8700s, Windows 8.1. We're also using an LG ultra wide monitor, but I can reproduce using other monitors too.

Any thoughts?

Professor, Producer, Editor
and former Apple Employee

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
Re: Assistance Needed: Ray-Traced 3D Error that I cannot find anywhere
on Oct 25, 2014 at 3:38:56 am

its either your video card or a downloaded copy of after effects. forget raytracing in after effects. the slowest, most useless thing about after effects.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Assistance Needed: Ray-Traced 3D Error that I cannot find anywhere
on Oct 25, 2014 at 4:42:19 am

[Chris Jacek] "I've been able to produce this error every time, as soon as I try to invoke the ray-traced 3D with GPU. The card is unsupported, but I am checking the box."

The GTX 745 seems to lack oomph compared with other Kepler-class cards with higher model numbers.

Does it work if you leave the the box unchecked and use the CPU instead?

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]