ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to colorize hue for stroke on text differently to the fill?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack Package
How to colorize hue for stroke on text differently to the fill?
on Oct 24, 2014 at 11:05:11 am

Hi everyone
I'm trying to achieve an effect on a text layer where the fill of a text has the colorized hue effect on, say, red, and the stroke of the same text layer a different color, say, yellow, and then keyframe the colorize hue setting so that it changes over time, like a rainbow effect, so to speak.
But if I apply hue/saturation to the layer and colorize the hue, all colors in the layer become red or yellow.
What do I do?

Return to posts index

James Archibald
Re: How to colorize hue for stroke on text differently to the fill?
on Oct 24, 2014 at 11:32:05 am

Hi Jack,

You can animate the hue values of your stroke and fill independently using the Animate tools found to the right of the 'Text' field in your text layer's properties.

Click the > arrow next to Animate and choose either 'stroke color' or 'fill color' depending on which you'd like to animate.

• Archie •

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: How to colorize hue for stroke on text differently to the fill?
on Oct 24, 2014 at 11:43:51 am

Twirl open your text, add a text animator for Color Fill. Another method would be to duplicate your layers, set one to fill only, one to stroke only then add your effect to only the fill layer.

Check out this example project: 8135_fillstrokecolor.aep.zip

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]