ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

AE Camera Tracker: red bullseye disappears

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David MarkeyAE Camera Tracker: red bullseye disappears
by on Oct 23, 2014 at 11:34:35 pm

After applying Camera Tracker to a scene, I selected 3 track points to get the red bullseye. Then I right-clicked and selected 'add text and camera.' All good.

Then I wanted to add another layer of text somewhere else in the shot, so I selected 3 track points somewhere else in the shot. Again I get the red bullseye and again I can 'add text.'

Now I want to add a 3rd layer of text, in a yet a different part of the shot. but my track points have disappeared. I checkbox 'render trackpoints' in the 3D camera tracker effect. Now I can see the track points, but I can't select them or find the red bullseye.

Any ideas? I can always get a red bullseye when I FIRST apply the tracker, but after that I sometimes can't get another one for additional objects.

AE CC 2014, Mac Pro, Mavericks 10.9.2

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: AE Camera Tracker: red bullseye disappears
by on Oct 24, 2014 at 2:28:03 am

When applying the first solved point, choose 'Add Camera, Shadow Catcher, Text/Null/Solid'. See if this helps.

Also, if the Bullseye from one of the previous two solved points can be enabled again, you can push this Bullseye to a new location in the scene. To do this, move your cursor to the center of the Bullseye. You should notice that a new visual indicator appears at the bottom right of your cursor. This is the offset visual indicator. When it appears, you can offset the Bullseye to a new location in your scene.

The accuracy of this offset is of course dependent on the integrity/accuracy of the source point(s).

- Roland

TypeGEMs - the Definitive Type Gizmo for AE

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations
Adobe After Effects CC ACE/ACI
Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor

Return to posts index

David MarkeyRe: AE Camera Tracker: red bullseye disappears
by on Oct 24, 2014 at 3:16:06 pm

Your solution will give me extra layers in the same location, but doesn't help with placing layers in totally different parts of the shot.

I think I found the solution though. It seems that toggling 'Mask Visibility' in the Composition can bring back trackpoints and bullseyes that have gone missing.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved