ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE - PremPro Round tripping

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Borowski
AE - PremPro Round tripping
on Oct 23, 2014 at 12:34:21 pm

Hi,
Newbie to AE, created several comps in AE and imported straight to Prem Pro project/timeline no problems....... Created this newest with all the same settings Imports to project however will not go to time line?
Mac 10.10
regsrds jjb

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: AE - PremPro Round tripping
on Oct 23, 2014 at 3:12:08 pm

Let me make sure I understand the workflow.
You are going into After Effects, creating compositions, and then closing After Effects.
Then you open Premiere, import the compositions into Premiere using Dynamic Link, and then drop those compositions into your Premiere timeline.

Is that what you're doing?
What happens when you try to do it with the comp that's not working? Are there error messages? Does your After Effects file contain anything like, say, the same Premiere timeline in it with Dynamic Link?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

John Borowski
on Oct 23, 2014 at 6:59:08 pm

Hi Michael,
really appreciate your help, as I say I have very little experience in AE. I will describe my work flow and what I am trying to achieve.
I have created several video sequences in PPro and am trying to combine them in and AE comp.
Importing to AE basically dragging and dropping into AE project. starting with a white solid I add sequences and animate/resize/position etc as need be, at this time I have 1/solid, 1/text layer and 6/video sequences opening/overlapping and closing at intervals. Basically talking 10 minutes of sequences and condensing then into say 4 mins by resizing and overlapping.
The AE project seems to play smoothly although slow then I export by dragging and dropping back to the project panel in PPr it plays in source monitor but it refused to move to the time line.
hope this is understandable, regards jjb

Return to posts index

John Borowski
on Oct 23, 2014 at 7:05:44 pm

Michael,
should mention when I render the AE project I can place a QT .mov back i the PPr timeline no problem.
regards jjb

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Oct 23, 2014 at 7:23:39 pm

If your AE compositions contain dynamically linked Premiere Pro sequences, those AE comps can't be dropped back into the same Premiere Pro project.

You have to render them into an intermediate codec and place that back in Premiere.

- The Great Szalam

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

John Borowski
on Oct 23, 2014 at 7:33:39 pm

Ah, understood, many thanks, appreciate the explanation, regards jjb

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Oct 23, 2014 at 9:05:48 pm

Glad I could help.
:) More info here: http://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/dynamic-link-effects.html

- The Great Szalam

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]