ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

After Effects Keyframe Shape Path Problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew HainenAfter Effects Keyframe Shape Path Problem
by on Oct 19, 2014 at 10:57:18 pm

I'm not having great success with trying to keyframe shape paths in After Effects.(Akin to Shape Tweens in Flash). Sometimes it transforms fine, sometimes it flips completely or just doesn't do what I want. I posted a video below of what I'm describing, couple things:

• Is there a more proper phrasing for me to search for on this problem? I havent had any luck searching, hence I'm posting here w/video.

• How can I fix what's happening? In the video, I just want the one anchor point to move most efficiently to the new location.

Just in general looking for more manual control over After Effects transforming Shape Paths when keyframed.

I've posted a screen capture of what I'm trying to do:

Thanks so much! (I haven't been on these forums in a few years, all apologies if I've posted in the wrong spot/need to add more info.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: After Effects Keyframe Shape Path Problem
by on Oct 20, 2014 at 7:49:39 am

I got the same weird behavior when creating a rectangle like you did. However when I draw the rectangle using the pen tool it behaves like it should. That's one question for the Adobe folks maybe?

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Brian CharlesRe: After Effects Keyframe Shape Path Problem
by on Oct 20, 2014 at 3:11:28 pm
Last Edited By Brian Charles on Oct 20, 2014 at 3:12:03 pm

That is weird. I get the same result, but when I use the old method, pressing the Alt/Option key as I draw the shape it behaves as expected.

Shape anim

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved