ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Anyone know a way to create a counter animation using comps/psd's images instead of regular font?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vladimir DrutsAnyone know a way to create a counter animation using comps/psd's images instead of regular font?
by on Oct 17, 2014 at 2:08:57 am

Hey guys so I've seen some expressions which can create a number counter.. I need a counter going up to 1,000,000,000 from any number say 544,599,333 or what ever.. The only thing is, instead of using the default font, I need to use these PSD's or COMP's I created of hand-drawn numbers from 0-9.

Would really appreciate some help! Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Anyone know a way to create a counter animation using comps/psd's images instead of regular font?
by on Oct 17, 2014 at 10:08:06 am

You could base this on my advanced odometer project [link].

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Doyle LewisRe: Anyone know a way to create a counter animation using comps/psd's images instead of regular font?
by on Oct 24, 2014 at 8:14:36 pm

Lots and Lots of a Semi-simple expression. Say you have the number two lined up where you want it in the 100's place then you simply add this expression to the layers opacity:

L=thisComp.layer("Adjustment Layer 1").effect("Slider Control")("Slider");// A control slider on a adjustment layer that animates at the speed you want it to count

P=1000;// 1 place heigher than the one you want the number to show up on, it is 1000 because we want to control the hundreds place

R=Math.floor(L/P);

C=((L/P)-R)*10;

if(2<=C && C<3){// it is set between 2 and 3 because it is the number 2 we want to control
T=100;
}else{
T=0;
}
T

Then on your control slider whenever it is between 200 and 300 regardless of how many thousands of millions there as well, that 2 will show up in the hundreds place.
So for example if we wanted to control the three in the thousands place it would look like:

L=thisComp.layer("Adjustment Layer 1").effect("Slider Control")("Slider");// A control slider on a adjustment layer that animates at the speed you want it to count

P=10000;// 1 place heigher than the one you want the number to show up on, it is 10000 because we want to control the thousands place

R=Math.floor(L/P);

C=((L/P)-R)*10;

if(3<=C && C<4){// it is set between 3 and 4 because it is the number 3 we want to control
T=100;
}else{
T=0;
}
T

So that three will show up whether the value is 3,123 or 23,586 or even 10,293,843, well maybe not 10,293,843 because sliders don't go quite that high, but you get the point.

Hope that helps

Doyle Lewis, Assistant Videographer

thinkck.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]