ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Scaling track matted text

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David JasonScaling track matted text
by on Oct 17, 2014 at 1:19:03 am

Please bear with me, as I'm trying to not word this too confusingly. I'm working on a mock-70s style TV intro wherein my text flips to a transparent layer (on top of a black solid) which then reveals the video beneath. The solid layer then scales up (zooms in) which leaves behind the full-screen video. I've taken a text layer, then track matted using "Create Shapes From Layer," and then assigned the black solid (background) to that layer (Alpha Inverted Matte). I've embedded that composition into a master comp which scales up. The animation and result are great, but the problem I'm having is that the transparent matte is pixelated as it scales, whereas the other text layers maintain sharp edges. Am I doing this properly? Is there a way to create shapes from a layer while maintaining the vector? Sorry if this sounds confusing, but any help you can give me would be great! Thanks!

Return to posts index

Engin OsmanovskiRe: Scaling track matted text
by on Oct 17, 2014 at 9:02:18 am

Did you enable the collapse transformations switch of your nested comp?

You might also want to try to put that two layers (black solid and text) directly into the master comp instead of nesting (embedding) them as a comp.

Return to posts index

David JasonRe: Scaling track matted text
by on Oct 18, 2014 at 5:38:57 pm

That's it!!! In my order of operations I missed a couple of Collapse Transformation checkboxes. But that did the trick! Thanks!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved