ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

I'm building an editing machine. My budget is $1500. I will be editing videos from a MarkII and maybe higher in the future. Pls buildmeapc.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jong CardenasI'm building an editing machine. My budget is $1500. I will be editing videos from a MarkII and maybe higher in the future. Pls buildmeapc.
by on Oct 16, 2014 at 12:50:35 am

What will you be doing with this PC? Be as specific as possible, and include specific games or programs you will be using.
Will be used for video editing only. and maybe dota 2. Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, Audition, Protools

What is your maximum budget before rebates/shipping/taxes?
$1800

When do you plan on building/buying the PC? Note: beyond a week or two from today means any build you receive will be out of date when you want to buy.
1 week

What, exactly, do you need included in the budget? (Tower/OS/monitor/keyboard/mouse/etc)
Tower and Display

Which country (and state/province) will you be purchasing the parts in?
SEA - Philippines

would anyone recommend getting a k2000 over a gtx970? and an i7-4790K versus an i7-5820K?

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8426/the-intel-haswell-e-cpu-review-core-i7-5...

Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2603
(10M Cache, 1.80 GHz, 6.40 GT/s Intel® QPI): Is this way better than an i7?

how far will a 32 gb ram take me as to a 16gb?

Will you be overclocking? If yes, are you interested in overclocking right away, or down the line? CPU and/or GPU?
down the line. i have no idea how to do this yet.

Are there any specific features or items you want/need in the build? (ex: SSD, large amount of storage or a RAID setup, CUDA or OpenCL support, etc)
RAID for premiere,

*minimum AE sysreqs are (id like to function on a "semi-professional" level: After Effects CC (2014) system requirements and language versions
Windows Intel Core2 Duo or AMD Phenom II processor with 64-bit support
Microsoft Windows 7 with Service Pack 1, Windows 8, or Windows 8.1
4 GB of RAM (8 GB recommended)
5 GB of available hard-disk space; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on removable flash storage devices)
Additional disk space for disk cache (10 GB recommended)
1280 x 1080 display
OpenGL 2.0–capable system
QuickTime 7.6.6 software required for QuickTime features
Optional: Adobe-certifi ed GPU card for GPU-accelerated ray-traced 3D renderer Internet connection and registration are necessary for required software activation, validation of subscriptions, and access to online services.

Do you have any specific case preferences (Size like ITX/microATX/mid-tower/full-tower, styles, colors, window or not, LED lighting, etc), or a particular color theme preference for the components?
Black.

Do you need a copy of Windows 7 or 8.1 included in the budget? If you do need one included, do you have a preference for one or the other?
no.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: I'm building an editing machine. My budget is $1500. I will be editing videos from a MarkII and maybe higher in the future. Pls buildmeapc.
by on Oct 16, 2014 at 2:40:13 am

Go for 32GB of RAM. I'd sacrifice one of the 3TB drives for the extra RAM every day of the week.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]