ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Straighten CC Cylinder

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sasha BellStraighten CC Cylinder
by on Oct 14, 2014 at 11:57:22 pm

Excuse me if this has been answered using different wording, but what I am trying to do is take a piece of text with CC Cylinder effect on it (in this case a word around a planet, much like the Universal logo) and straighten the it over time to reveal it as a clean end logo. I am told you can achieve something like this using expressions, but since I am an expressions noob I am confused on the best way to get done what I need to.

I am open to re-doing the effect using something different than CC Cylinder, if this is an easier approach.

Any words of wisdom (ideally spoken in layman's speak) would be greatly appreciated.

Film & Television Editor

Return to posts index

Richard GarabedainRe: Straighten CC Cylinder
by on Oct 15, 2014 at 4:43:58 am

I think you could achieve the same effect using the cc lens effect. maybe add a bulge on top or underneath it for theta extra distortion.

Return to posts index

Sasha BellRe: Straighten CC Cylinder
by on Oct 15, 2014 at 3:39:15 pm

Thanks Richard. I'll give that a go and see how it works. Much appreciated.

Film & Television Editor

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Straighten CC Cylinder
by on Oct 15, 2014 at 11:33:29 am

The easiest way would be to create a true 3d distortion - if you have a newer AE version and a decent graphics card you can use the native 3d layer distortions from AE. If not Free Form or FreeForm Pro should provide you with the right tools.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Sasha BellRe: Straighten CC Cylinder
by on Oct 15, 2014 at 3:41:12 pm

Thanks Ted. Another option is very helpful. My system is new, as is my version of AE, so fingers crossed.

Much appreciated.

Film & Television Editor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]