ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

PREVIEWS in After Effects, OpenGL - GPU No CUDA

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
zamir a.PREVIEWS in After Effects, OpenGL - GPU No CUDA
by on Oct 12, 2014 at 12:21:25 am

Hello everyone, I'm facing a problem that I didn't have before, the thing is that a week ago we took the computer with a technician to install something but he didn't connect the monitor to the GPU but in the PC default one, so it unsettle the resolution, so I thought it was the only problem until I noticed that the After Effects didn't preview the effects I applied to compositions or even didn't show when I move or scale up and down solids or texts when I keep holding the mouse button, JUST until I release the button is when It appears to change, so as I said I didn't have this problem before, so I tried to increase RAM and It didn't work, I did a little research and I found that in preferences/previews/GPU information. Is selected just CPU and I can't select GPU, the problem is that I have an ATI Radeon HD 4500/5100 Series, and as I learned, It is not supported because it hasn't CUDA, but as I said: I hadn't that problem before, I just can't understand what happened, I've tried lots of things but I can't make it be like it was before. So I'd like to know advices or help with this weird issue, thank you, have a nice day.

My computer isn't potent but It was working good:

PC Windows 7 Ultimate Service pack 1 64 bits
Intel Core (TM) i3-2100 3.10GHz
8GB of RAM Memory
GPU AMD ATI Radeon 4500/5100 Series

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: PREVIEWS in After Effects, OpenGL - GPU No CUDA
by on Oct 12, 2014 at 4:22:34 pm

See this FAQ entry:

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

zamir hernandezRe: PREVIEWS in After Effects, OpenGL - GPU No CUDA
by on Oct 12, 2014 at 8:14:18 pm

Thank you so much, that solve my problem about the preview, I was like: WHAAAT! Holy cow!
But now I'm glad I found that about the CUDA and GPU because I see that My GPU isn't the one I need for After Effects (I also use the Element 3D and I couldn't use the Ray 3D because that I think) so then I need a NVIDIA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved