ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Best way to make a Specific City Map Videowall

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Glauco Nascimento MartinezBest way to make a Specific City Map Videowall
by on Oct 10, 2014 at 5:33:08 pm

Hi guys, my name is Glauco, i´m in Brazil, so, sorry about my english.

Case: Make a composition with earth globe (jpeg) image, the layer above is a specific city (that i´m working) map shape layer, inside this map shape layer, another comp with about 20 (1920x1080) video layers positioned into the map.

The camera will fly throught this map and approximate to an specific video till it reaches full screen. So, the camera come back to space showing the complete image of globe+shape map+20 small videos again.

This cicle will repeat about 5 times, with the camera closing in a specific video e getting back to space, showing the map and closing in other specific video again and again.

I made a 1920x1080 comp. I did scale down the The 20 full HD videos and positioned they in the map shape layer.

The problem is: When the camera closes in this small videos, the image is totaly distorted because of the downscaling, i find.

My doubt is: How is the best way to make this comp with perfect video image?

I hope i can explain my question, sorry about my english.

Thank you so much for attention,

Glauco

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Best way to make a Specific City Map Videowall
by on Oct 10, 2014 at 5:47:49 pm

Have you seen this tutorial, sounds like it does exactly what you want to do. Earth Zoom

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Glauco Nascimento MartinezRe: Best way to make a Specific City Map Videowall
by on Oct 10, 2014 at 6:11:57 pm

Hi John, first of all, thank you very much for your attention,

Yes, I've seen this tutorial, but isn´t it.

What i want is a camera fly-by shape layer map, not from sideral space. The image is only above the city, only in the city map.

It shows the map with 20 small videos, the camera closes in a specific video till this video reaches full Screen, go back to the map and closes again in another video.

How can i post the image com to you see?

Thank you so much,

Glauco

Return to posts index

by on Oct 10, 2014 at 7:12:01 pm

The third to last icon in the replay dialogue will upload the image. After you upload it, click on the image, then copy and past the embed code into your message.

Please post an image, cause I'm not sure why your down scaled images are degrading. Also show your timeline in the post. Thanks

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."

Return to posts index

by on Oct 10, 2014 at 10:32:10 pm

Johnny, thank you so much for the help!
I found the way make this comp!

The downscaled video full HD really distort when I decrease it from the original size. I think this happen because the same quantity of pixels (1920x1080) are compressed in a small area of view (0,7%).

The way i´ve found was keep the video image the same size and position the camera far.

Now I have other doubt: I have a shape layer with a map path, how I duplicate this shape layer path and transform into mask?

Thank you very much for your attention and help!

Glauco

Return to posts index

by on Oct 11, 2014 at 12:45:56 pm

Now I have other doubt: I have a shape layer with a map path, how I duplicate this shape layer path and transform into mask?

Twirl open the shape layer until you get to the "Path" stopwatch, then click on the word "Path" and "Cntl + C". Select the layer you want to add the mask, and press "Cntl + Shift + N" to add a new mask and twirl open until you get to "Mask Path", then paste "Cntl + V".

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

Return to posts index

by on Oct 13, 2014 at 3:12:55 pm

OK, very good, thank you so much for your help!

best regards,

Glauco

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]