ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How do you synch timers / clocks to match between Ae & Pr

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David HonanHow do you synch timers / clocks to match between Ae & Pr
by on Oct 9, 2014 at 9:47:48 am

Good morning from 13 degrees C not raining yest York UK :-)

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc53/zymurgy_bucket/time-synching-after-...

Above link illustrates my problem but here goes.... When in Pr I need to measure the length of time of a clip and then open an Ae composition with exactly the same time duration.

Now so far ive been doing it what feels like the hard way. For example the timeline footage circled in the above link starts at 1:14:12 & ends at 1:17:22 I then subtract one from the other and get 4s 9f (25f / s), hope i got that right. So then I jump over to Ae and open a composition for that duration. This does the job but it feels too long.

Yes Ive toggled through different time presets such as 46+29 no idea what this means :-( But going back to my original point how can you get counters to match across both packages, would be great if i could zero the Pr counter at the beginning of a clip but its an accumulated time hence the subtraction sums I have to carry out.

Well hope Ive explained this well enough, its difficult to articulate but fingers crossed the screen grab helps.

Any insights welcome :-)

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: How do you synch timers / clocks to match between Ae & Pr
by on Oct 9, 2014 at 1:20:38 pm

What is it that you are ultimately trying to do?

There are a number of ways to have Ae and Premiere work together -- dynamic link, copy and paste, direct project import/export -- but having a better understanding of your end goal would be most helpful for suggesting a workflow.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Daniel WaldronRe: How do you synch timers / clocks to match between Ae & Pr
by on Oct 9, 2014 at 1:22:09 pm
Last Edited By Daniel Waldron on Oct 9, 2014 at 1:23:49 pm

To quickly see the length of a clip in Premiere, move the scrubber over the clip and press the "f" key on your keyboard. This will put the clip in your preview window with in and out points set. The counter on the lower right of the preview window will be the length of the clip.

EDIT: I actually just checked and you can hover your mouse of the clip in your timeline and it will give you the duration as well.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]