ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Rough lines in render

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Juan Pais
Rough lines in render
on Oct 7, 2014 at 11:29:26 am

Hi, i've been reading this forum for a while but this is my first post round here as an user.

I'm doing a teaser for a videogame and i'm working with lots of png assets inside the project. My compositions are 1080p and the png graphics are even bigger (we did it scale them up propertly).

When i go for a 1080p render everything looks awesome, but when i create a 720p version (choosung half size render in render settings), im gettin really rough lines on the png assets. I need a 720p video with smooth lines but dont know how to achieve it.

That's an example of the rough lines.

I'm using quicktime-animation for render.

PS: sorry if my english isn't the best, i'm Spanish speaker. Gracias!

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Rough lines in render
on Oct 7, 2014 at 3:49:00 pm

[Juan Pais] "When i go for a 1080p render everything looks awesome, but when i create a 720p version (choosung half size render in render settings), im gettin really rough lines on the png assets. I need a 720p video with smooth lines but dont know how to achieve it."

Half 1080p is 540p, which you are then up-scaling to 720p.

Keep the resolution at full when rendering your 720p output. You can scale right in the output module, or you can nest your 1080p comp in a 720p and down-scale there.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Juan Pais
Re: Rough lines in render
on Oct 7, 2014 at 4:08:31 pm

Hey, i've just realized earlier that i could scale down in the output panel instead of the "render settings one"; that solved it, thanks for your fast response!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]