ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Create A See Through Shape.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Luke KirkCreate A See Through Shape.
by on Oct 6, 2014 at 7:10:13 pm

So below is a video that starts with a generic background, and it later transitions using a shape which is transparent, to transition the background away to reveal Giggs in a shirt.

The video is found here

I may be thinking into this too much but i just cannot figure out how to do this simple but yet awesome and effective effect, in after effects.

If anybody can shed some light on how to do this please tell me, be nice i have already thought for hours how to do it... maybe just having a weird brain malfunction. hahaha

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Create A See Through Shape.
by on Oct 6, 2014 at 7:53:19 pm

Have your generic background be layer 1, layer 2 will be the final video. In this video, it's probably just some generic circle wipe, but if you wanted to use another shape, place it over the Generic Background. Set the generic backgrounds track matte to "alpha inverted" and then use keyframe scale to 'wipe' the effect...0% to 200%(whatever you need)

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved