ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How can a save a custom font to save re invebting the wheel?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Honan
How can a save a custom font to save re invebting the wheel?
on Oct 6, 2014 at 12:11:48 pm

Buongiorno from still peeing it down wet & cold York UK :-(

This link http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc53/zymurgy_bucket/font-presets-Ae-WTF_... illustrates a problem I'm having which is this.... How can you save a font you've made in one composition so you can call on it without re configuring?

Put another way... Ive got 5 animations to do. Ive created a font I like say Arial 72PX but I want to save it and use it for all the other videos without have to re create it if this makes sense.

Is it possible to save a font style / template in After Effects?

Thanks in advance,
David

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: How can a save a custom font to save re invebting the wheel?
on Oct 6, 2014 at 4:48:05 pm

You can save your AE file in such a way that you can open it in Premiere and change the text there.
See this [link]

You can save an AE template file, but it includes everything in the project and not just your font choices. See this [link]

I think you can create a script that makes a new text layer with the variables you specify, but I'm not sure on this one. (And I haven't ever gotten into scripting.)

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on Oct 6, 2014 at 11:08:43 pm

you can also save it as an animation preset...

twirl down the text properties to get to text>source text and select the source text property.

then choose animation>save animation preset, give it a name and then the next time you need that font set up, you can recall it from the effects & presets panel (animation presets>user presets, or start typing the name that you saved it as in the search field).

it should remember everything that is set in the character and paragraph settings, alonf with the text that was typed in the source text property.

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

David Honan
on Oct 7, 2014 at 11:48:07 am

Grazie mille Kevin :-) My mission for improving my workflow just got one step better!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]