ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Manipulating Anchor Points of multiple layers and my pan behind tool is broken

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrius KellManipulating Anchor Points of multiple layers and my pan behind tool is broken
by on Oct 5, 2014 at 10:48:54 pm
Last Edited By Andrius Kell on Oct 5, 2014 at 10:56:11 pm

Hi,

I have multiple layers of masks, of all different shapes (imported from photoshop). They create a specific design, and I need to move the anchor points of all the shapes to adjust all the anchor points so that they're all in one spot, without moving the shape (so that they all scale from the center).

I'd like to adjust them all simultaneously, if possible. But if I have to do them individually that's fine too, but the problem is: my pan-behind tool refuses to snap. I've tried every iteration of control, command, alt and shift and the damn thing won't snap to anything. So I don't know how to assure they're all in the right spot.

Can anyone help me?

edit: I found a work around: pan-behind will snap to a grid, if I turn it on, so I'm doing that. However, does anyone know what's going on with my pan-behind tool? And is there a way to edit anchor points of multiple layers at once (to save time)

I'm running an 2008 13' macbook pro with adobe cs4.

Thanks!!

Return to posts index

Daniel WaldronRe: Manipulating Anchor Points of multiple layers and my pan behind tool is broken
by on Oct 6, 2014 at 3:37:37 pm

If you highlight the layers you want to adjust and press the "a" key, it will show the numeric value of your anchor point for each layer selected. As long as you highlighted all the layers, adjusting one will adjust them all by the same amount. You can position it more precisely this way too.

Not sure why your pan behind tool is acting finicky...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]