ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Accessing old PS Pixel Bender filters (like "Oil Paint") via Pixel Bender Accelerator in AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg SageAccessing old PS Pixel Bender filters (like "Oil Paint") via Pixel Bender Accelerator in AE
by on Oct 5, 2014 at 2:24:54 pm

My understanding is that the Photoshop "Oil Paint" filter (which I used constantly) was discontinued because it relies on the the Pixel Bender codebase which has been abandoned.

However, the Pixel Bender Accelerator plugin (one for Photoshop, and one for AE) runs Pixel Bender filters on the GPU.

This allows all sorts of third party .pbk and .pbg files to be run from within AE letting you do all sorts of amazing things. Yay!

Problem I'm having is that the non-third-party stuff... like "Oil Paint" from photoshop.... well, I can't find a .pbk file anywhere for it.

Is this just because it's stored somewhere else (can't find it via searchlight on old cs 5.5 install that includes the filter)... or because it's coded differently and isn't a .pbk file? If so, is there some way to convert it into something PBA plugin can access?

Or... is there a repository somewhere that I can grab the filter and run it via PBA in AE?

I love that filter, and use it regularly, so open to any suggestions here.

thx

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]