ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Scratch drive capacity error every time on new 2014 "trashcan" MacPro install.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg SageScratch drive capacity error every time on new 2014 "trashcan" MacPro install.
by on Oct 5, 2014 at 2:12:05 pm
Last Edited By Greg Sage on Oct 5, 2014 at 2:14:19 pm

I just put together a new system for a school a few weeks ago. It's a baseline new trashcan MacPro. So, from memory, I believe that's 256Gb of solid state memory.

It's all new, so latest Mavericks, newest Adobe cc 2014, etc.

I keep getting errors that there isn't enough capacity for the scratch drive. I started at 100Gb, and have taken it down as low as 20Gb. Still, I'm getting this error.

Where should I start looking to diagnose this?

Return to posts index

Brian CharlesRe: Scratch drive capacity error every time on new 2014 "trashcan" MacPro install.
by on Oct 6, 2014 at 12:24:46 am

This has been discussed before, by scratch I'm assuming you mean cache.

https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/2/1041349#1041351

Return to posts index

Greg SageRe: Scratch drive capacity error every time on new 2014 "trashcan" MacPro install.
by on Oct 6, 2014 at 5:34:25 am

Yes, cache.

I ran across that thread when researching, but it didn't appear to be addressing what I'm seeing.

The issue in that thread was "...the warning kicks in if the space that you're allotting for the disk cache is more than 80% of your free space."

... but in my case, I've got a 256Gb drive with (at first) nothing but system software and Adobe cc on it. Even then, and even when I stepped down from 100Gb down to 30Gb, I still got the warning. For that warning to be kicking in due to the 80% rule would mean that a fresh install of mavericks and Adobe cc ate up more than 200Gb.

I can't see how I could be near 80% of free space with those figures, but I'll dig into the stats tomorrow to make sure.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]