ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Cineware Cinema 4D Text Issue

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hugo Rodriguez
Cineware Cinema 4D Text Issue
on Oct 3, 2014 at 5:11:57 pm

Hi.

I'm having an issue working with the After Effects CC / Cineware Cinema 4D workflow. The thing is that I need to change a word, as simple as that, and I do so in Cinema 4D and it's ok, but the change is not appearing in After Effects and I really have no idea why this is happening.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Cineware Cinema 4D Text Issue
on Oct 3, 2014 at 6:41:26 pm

Are you using C4D Lite?
What version of AE CC are you using? (12.2.5.1? 13.0.2?)

What is your workflow? There are a few different ways to get C4D stuff in AE, so it would certainly help to know how you're doing it.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Hugo Rodriguez
on Oct 3, 2014 at 7:03:11 pm

After Effects Version: 12.1.0.168
CD4 Lite YES

Workflow: Creating the CD4 directly in After Effects CC, going in to CD4 by clickin on the file in after and making everything in CD4, so it will be refelcted in AE.

The project never gave any problems of this sort, we did it and every alteration was reflected on AE, but now, a motn later after making it, there are no results or changes when working on the CD4 file.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Oct 3, 2014 at 7:17:28 pm

Update! You are missing some major bug fixes.
The latest version of After Effects CC is 12.2.1.5

However, the latest version of After Effects is After Effects CC 2014 (which is version 13.0.2 right now, with another update to that coming within the next few weeks).

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Sam Sax
on Oct 3, 2014 at 8:25:04 pm
Last Edited By Sam Sax on Oct 3, 2014 at 8:51:38 pm

I just started working with Cineware and Cinema 4D lite a few days ago so I'm not sure if what I am about to suggest will be helpful or accurate - more of a hunch.

It sounds like the project link to the original C4D file may have gotten broken somehow. Try this:

Open your AE file that has the non-updating Cineware layer and create a brand new Cineaware layer - that will prompt you to save a new C4D file. Name it something different than your original C4D file.

With Cinema 4D, open up the original file and copy all your objects into the new file. Save. And see if AE now updates correctly.

Or instead of copying the objects from the old file to the new one, you can try just opening up the old file and saving that as the new one.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]