ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Replace with after effects composition isn't bring any media into AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris BaumReplace with after effects composition isn't bring any media into AE
by on Sep 29, 2014 at 12:27:48 am
Last Edited By Chris Baum on Sep 29, 2014 at 12:53:32 am

I wasn't sure if I should post here or in the premier forum so sorry if its in the wrong spot.

I'm working on a green screen music video and I am using after effects CS6 to key out the green screen. I'm using the replace with AE Comp feature and it has moved 98% percent of my media over with no issues. I have a few clips that for some reason are not sending any media over to AE.

Let me break down my work flow first. I have three video tracks and two audio tracks. The bottom video track is what fills in the green screen the middle track is the bulk of my footage and the top track has about 10 clips that are B-Roll.

All of the footage was shot on the same day on the same camera a HPX170 that recorded to P2 cards that uses .MXF files. So I don't think the media is the issue.

When I try to link over the B-Roll it creates a composition in AE that has nothing in it and it doesn't bring any files over. I have also tried moving the B-Roll to alternate tracks and I have tried opening a blank AE session before linking as well with no success.

I'm working on windows based computer.

Does anyone have any idea what is happening? Let me know if you need more details.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved