ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

3d Camera Track setting solids or nulls

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lothar Wieland3d Camera Track setting solids or nulls
by on Sep 27, 2014 at 11:43:55 am

Hello, i have a fully 3d camera tracked AE project with inserted solid planes. Now i want to add new nulls or solids, but ae with the right mouse click only gives me choices for adding *solid and camera* or *Null and Camera*. I already have a camera. How do I get the dialog adding *only* a solid or null?

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: 3d Camera Track setting solids or nulls
by on Sep 28, 2014 at 1:35:21 am

I just noticed this anomaly recently on a few systems. Which version of AE are you using and which OS?

FWIW, to restrict the right-click (contextual) popup from offering additional 'add camera' options, the first time you select an option, after tracking, ensure that you select 'Add Camera, Shadow Catcher, Text/Null/Solid'.

- Roland

TypeGEMs - the Definitive Type Gizmo for AE

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations
Adobe After Effects CC ACE/ACI
Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor

Return to posts index

Lothar WielandRe: 3d Camera Track setting solids or nulls
by on Sep 28, 2014 at 7:48:20 am

Thanks for your info Roland. Answer to your questions: Versions: AE CC 2014. OS: WIN7 Done before to restrict from further camera options: Add groundplane and origin and adding one solid with camera. In the next steps it work perfect adding soldis and nulls without camara option as desired. This strange behaviour was not initially after designing the project, it occured after a time during the project...I cannot reproduce this strange behaviour...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved