ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Finding the position of a layer once its anchor point has been changed.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom HolmesFinding the position of a layer once its anchor point has been changed.
by on Sep 26, 2014 at 2:39:36 pm

Hey Guys!

So, say if you have a null object and you adjust the anchor point parameter in the layer properties..The anchor point will stay where it is and the object/layer will move by the amount (and in the direction) as changed by the anchor point... this means you can now rotate the null around that point to create a circle...

With me so far?

How do i find out the new position on the null object (not its anchor point) so that as it rotates around the anchor point (and as a result move around the comp) i know its position as it moves, as the position property only tells me the anchor points position.

Please advise guys!

Thanks!!!

Tom :)

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Finding the position of a layer once its anchor point has been changed.
by on Sep 26, 2014 at 3:32:15 pm

I would use two nulls for that. One parented to the other. Then use the toWorld() expression to find the position of the parented null.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]