ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Importing Premiere Pro project auto resizes to 4K

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Songe RiddleImporting Premiere Pro project auto resizes to 4K
by on Sep 25, 2014 at 4:03:24 am

I was wondering if anyone had any insight on why this might be happening.

I am doing some effects work for a client that has built out their film in Premiere Pro. The sequence is set at 1920X1080. But for some reason when I import the project (Import>Adobe Premiere Pro Project...) it resizes all of the comps to 4096X2304, and all of the assets therein are scaled up to fit. So where they might have been a 1920X1080 .MOV (4444) at 100% scale in Premiere, in After Effects they are scaled up to 200% or whatever. I know that I can go and change my comp sizes in after effects, and subsequently resize the footage accordingly. But there are hundreds of files and not all of them were just straight %100 in Premiere in the first place, so I don't want to have to do tons of math to get a bunch of oddball assets the right dimensions in their respective comps.

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Importing Premiere Pro project auto resizes to 4K
by on Sep 25, 2014 at 4:06:01 pm

That's really odd. What format and codec are the footage files encoded in? What version of Premiere were they using (if you know) and what version of After Effects are you using? (I mean down to the last decimal of the version number too, not just "CC 2014" or something like that.)

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved