ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Can't set default still frame output to Comp Name only

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryan SandersCan't set default still frame output to Comp Name only
by on Sep 23, 2014 at 7:09:18 pm

I'm running AE CC 2014. I have my default still frame output set to PSD and it always saves the file as the comp name followed by the frame number in parenthesis. I know I can click on the drop-down arrow next to "Output To" and change it to "Comp Name" but I would like this to be the default instead of having to change it every time.

If I click "custom" instead of a preset, I get a dialogue box that seemingly lets me set something as a default but, no matter what I do, the next time I save a still frame it always goes back to the Comp Name + Frame Number. So, if I set [CompName] as my default, it still includes the frame number the next time. If I create my own preset that is simply [CompName] and make that the default, it still includes the frame number the next time.

Is this a bug or am I missing something very simple here? Thanks so much to anyone that can elucidate.

Return to posts index

Keith SouthernRe: Can't set default still frame output to Comp Name only
by on Oct 23, 2014 at 4:08:45 pm

I'm getting the exact same problem, and I have hundreds of comps to deal with. Did you find a solution to this?

Return to posts index

Bryan SandersRe: Can't set default still frame output to Comp Name only
by on Oct 23, 2014 at 6:06:25 pm

Unfortunately not. Clicking the drop-down arrow next to "output to" lets you quickly select "comp name" instead of manually deleting the frame info from the file name, but it's still extra clicks that shouldn't be necessary and really add up when you're doing hundreds of frame renders. I'm thinking the inability to change the default is a bug, and not one people run into frequently enough to have gotten much attention.

Return to posts index

Keith SouthernRe: Can't set default still frame output to Comp Name only
by on Oct 24, 2014 at 8:37:22 am

My plan B was to do the renders with the default 'comp name, frame number' and then use a batch re-naming tool to strip off the unwanted frame number bits. It's an extra step but quicker than going through each individual render item and changing the drop down - hopefully.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]