ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Flickering screen in windows version - Adobe, can you just not figure this out??

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris TomberlinFlickering screen in windows version - Adobe, can you just not figure this out??
by on Sep 23, 2014 at 1:11:05 am

The windows version of AE has a long standing bug where the interface randomly flickers like crazy. There are posts about this on the Adobe forum dating back to 2012, maybe earlier. This issue spans multiple versions of AE and occurs on windows 7 and windows 8.1. See the link below for a sample of what this extremely annoying bug looks like. It's also rather embarrassing when a client is sitting in the room.

So this question is directed at anyone from Adobe that is listening. What's the deal? Is this one just too hard for you? Are you waiting for someone to sue because this bug caused an epileptic seizure?

Chris Tomberlin
Color/Finishing
Outpost Pictures

Return to posts index

Frank FeijenRe: Flickering screen in windows version - Adobe, can you just not figure this out??
by on Sep 23, 2014 at 10:43:26 am

I completely agree. There are some that claim it to be a hardware issue, but i've only run in to it when using after effects...

Return to posts index

Jason JantzenRe: Flickering screen in windows version - Adobe, can you just not figure this out??
by on Sep 23, 2014 at 3:02:46 pm

My guess is maybe the graphics card driver? The GPU does drive the UI panels, text, AA, among other things (as far as I understand, and I could be wrong).

Jason Jantzen
vimeo.com/jasonj

Return to posts index

Chris TomberlinRe: Flickering screen in windows version - Adobe, can you just not figure this out??
by on Sep 23, 2014 at 3:36:35 pm

As I mentioned in the original post, this has been going on for several years, across different operating system versions and different hardware. It can't possibly be just the GPU driver, though I do agree that it certainly has something to do with the way AE connects to the video display structure of the OS. The only common denominator is After Effects.

Chris Tomberlin
Color/Finishing
Outpost Pictures

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]