ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Audio OOS on export (OK in Ram preview)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dale MilesAudio OOS on export (OK in Ram preview)
by on Sep 22, 2014 at 10:16:04 pm

Hi Guys.

I'm a little bit stumped on this mainly as its a bit out of my knowledge area. Most the stuff I do is motion graphics or screen capture tutorials.

In this project I have been supplied some interviews recorded from Skype.
This interviews are recorded at 10fps.

I have cut up the interview in Premiere (editing out the mistakes and bloopers) and then exported them as 10fps mp4 files. These play fine in VLC player and are in sync.

My After Effect project is a 24fps project because I have my intro / outro and question slides animate in between questions.

What is the correct way to use 10fps footage in a 24fps composition? When I ram preview everything looks fine, but when I render as mp4 things go out of sync. (I'm using mp4 as these video will be used as online content)

> I have tried to drag the footage into the 24fps comp, ram previews fine.

> I have tried to drag the footage into its own 10fps comp and then drag that comp into the the 24fps comp, ram previews fine.

But both render OOS.

I'm really confused and spent ages on Google trying to work out why this is happening.

Would it be best to maybe render my title sequences out, then actually bring these into premiere? I just find it odd that the footage from Premiere using the same mp4 settings as After effects comes out differently?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Audio OOS on export (OK in Ram preview)
by on Sep 23, 2014 at 12:25:44 am

Pre-CC versions of AE would often flip out when confronted with mp4 video. The The fix was to transcode to something like a quicktime movie in the PNG codec. I haven't hear about problems with mp4 in the current version.

What's YOUR version of AE?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Dale MilesRe: Audio OOS on export (OK in Ram preview)
by on Sep 23, 2014 at 2:59:32 am

Ah ok cool that will make sense then, thanks.

I'm still using CS6 as don't really want to pay a monthly fee for a software product.

I Have worked around the issue by exporting both an audio and video version, then taking back into Premiere and resyncing. AE seemed to be putting it out of sync by 4 or so frames.

Just wondered if there was a specific work around or work flow in this kind of situation.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Audio OOS on export (OK in Ram preview)
by on Sep 23, 2014 at 1:25:13 pm

If your CS6 isn't version number 11.0.4, then update to it. The bug fix updates did help some issues like you're experiencing.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved