ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Stitch two cameras into panorama

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan DenegreStitch two cameras into panorama
by on Sep 22, 2014 at 7:08:20 pm
Last Edited By Dan Denegre on Sep 22, 2014 at 7:09:50 pm

Anyone familiar with stitching video together on a wide composition (such as 3840 x 1080) using two cameras? The resolution doesn't have to be exact, but getting the images to merge seamlessly appears to be a bit tricky. Below are images of the camera rig and the composition in AE.

There seems to be a multitude of factors involved - focal length, camera angle - in putting these together. I tried 18mm focal length on both FS100's. I know if I shoot at a longer focal length it'll compress the image which is easier to stitch, but that makes for a more difficult rig, perhaps?

Any thoughts on this?

Return to posts index

Boris AndrejevicRe: Stitch two cameras into panorama
by on Oct 15, 2015 at 4:57:55 pm

Have you had any luck with this project? Because I will soon be doing something very similar so if you have a solution to this problem, I'd be grateful if you'd share your opinion on it.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Dan DenegreRe: Stitch two cameras into panorama
by on Oct 15, 2015 at 7:18:50 pm

I haven't...if anything, I'd suggest shooting 4k+ and cropping at this point. It was very difficult to achieve when I tested it out.

Return to posts index

Boris AndrejevicRe: Stitch two cameras into panorama
by on Oct 16, 2015 at 9:51:36 am

Ok, thanks for the fast response I don't think I'll be doing it either because I'd have to stitch every single frame for a 5 min video.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]