ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

"Unable to allocate memory" import error

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Thompson"Unable to allocate memory" import error
by on Sep 22, 2014 at 6:11:55 pm

Hello, I've recently been having issues with After Effects giving me an error "Unable to allocate memory". It seems to happen only when trying to import Quicktime files into my project bin, regardless of size or length.

The provided URL in the error dialog does not help me, and I haven't been able to find much relevant info via Google either. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem?

I'm running After Effects CS6 on a mid 2010 Mac Pro, which admittedly doesn't have a lot of RAM but only as of recent I've been seeing this error.

Screenshots here: http://imgur.com/a/Dc6GQ

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Kalvin

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: "Unable to allocate memory" import error
by on Sep 22, 2014 at 7:20:51 pm

What exact version of After Effects CS6 are you running (down to the last decimal)?
What are your system specs?
What codec are the QuickTime files encoded with?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Kalvin TaylorRe: "Unable to allocate memory" import error
by on Sep 22, 2014 at 8:53:55 pm

I'm using After Effects CS6, version 11.0.4

System specs are here: http://imgur.com/a/Dc6GQ (is there anything else that is relevant?)

I export all my video for web as H.264 .mp4 files and these are what I've noticed the problem with. Straight Quicktime and .mts have worked fine but haven't done any further testing outside of those.

Return to posts index

Kalvin TaylorRe: "Unable to allocate memory" import error
by on Sep 24, 2014 at 7:10:39 pm

Bumping this up!

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: "Unable to allocate memory" import error
by on Sep 27, 2014 at 2:30:51 am

I couldn't see your link at work due to restrictions on that network. (I rarely check the forums at home.)
Any chance you could put some more RAM in your machine? 6 GB is really low for working in AE. RAM is pretty cheap. I'd throw as much in there as it can take. Seriously.

H.264 takes a lot more processing power for the computer to decode. It doesn't fully explain why it has a problem, but it might be part of it.

You could try this [link]

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]