ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

After Effects Proxy reverse - RedRaw

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris VickersAfter Effects Proxy reverse - RedRaw
by on Sep 20, 2014 at 2:02:00 pm

Hi all,

Quick one here, probably an easy way but it's leaving me stumped....working for a client who's made edits from prores transcodes of redraw, & now i'm bringing the sequences accross into after effects to do the animation work on them. So far, all good, but I want to link these to 4k red raw as proxys without having to do the work, tell after effects 'this clip is a proxy for' rather than 'set proxy'.

Is there a way to do this?!

Many thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: After Effects Proxy reverse - RedRaw
by on Sep 21, 2014 at 10:10:18 am

If you want to work with proxies to be replaced later, here's the workflow:

Create a placeholder (via File > Import... > Placeholder) at the resolution and frame rate of the final media for each clip you will use. Right-click each placeholder and Set Proxy > File for each of your proxy files. When you are ready to connect to final files, right-click each proxy and use Replace Footage to connect it to the correct media file.

If you have already done the work and if your proxies were made at the same resolution as the originals, you can simply use Replace File. (If you want to also use the ProRes transcodes as proxies, you'll have to Set Proxy manually next.)

If you have already done the work and if your proxies and comps were a lower resolution, do the above steps, then you'll have to scale the comps you made -- you can use File > Scripts > Scale Composition.jsx.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved