ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

after effects crashing problem.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
seth strongafter effects crashing problem.
by on Sep 18, 2014 at 10:52:27 pm

sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but couldnt find technical forum?, Ive tried adobe forum, but they're having some wort of malfucmtion over there.

here's my problem, I hope someone can help.

getting same error, tried to post new thread, but forum wont let me. says try again later M4 or M5

Only be happening for a week or so. seems to be related to blurs in adjustment layers. ill be using blurs to spot blur certain anatomy for a tv show. sometimes I track and blur with mocha sometimes manual track. ill be adjusting a track or a mask and ill get one of several unusual chrashes/errors. usually, its this: <6896> <0> Vid rate ratios min, max: 1, 1. . If I reload the project and delete and rebuild the adjusment layer blurs (Box blur and mosaic) and it will render fine. but this happens enough to be a considerable time waster and is interferring with my work. I've looked up the errors online and tried any suggestions i could find (although it seems this error appears for many differ3ent reasons?). I've deleted media cache, changed cache drives, reinstalled video card drivers deleted preferences, turned off open GL, run diagnostics on my CPU. RAM and GPU, all turned up fine. The only thing I havent tried is uninstalling and reinstalling AFX which i want to leave for a last resort as I have no time! Also, I have CC and CC14 installed (just use cs6 more often because of plugins) and when I load the project into CC and scrub or render I get the same problem, again until I delete and rebuild Adjustment layer. I even collected and moved the project onto a mac laptop and it gets the same error!!

If anyone knows or has had the same issues I'd love to hear about it. Its driving me nuts right now.

I'm running windows 7 SP1, 32 GB ram, Quadro 6000, black magic sdi card, the media cache is now on a esata drive, but was on an SSD. getting errors regardless of drive.

I recently upgraded to quadro 6000 from quadro FX 3800, and recently installed the Black magic card as well as a 1200 watt Seasonic PS.

Can ANYBODY help? oh, and there is NO audio in any of these files. using prores mostly but had same problem rendering to png seq.

Seth, below are specs from sysinfo.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Professional

Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

Other OS Description Not Available

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Manufacturer System manufacturer

System Model System Product Name

System Type x64-based PC

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 3506, 1/17/2012

SMBIOS Version 2.6

Windows Directory C:\Windows

System Directory C:\Windows\system32

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2

Locale United States

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"

User Name BIG-LEAGUE-CHEW\seth

Time Zone Pacific Daylight Time

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB

Total Physical Memory 32.0 GB

Available Physical Memory 26.8 GB