ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Motion track a mask for Keylight

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zachary HoneaMotion track a mask for Keylight
by on Sep 17, 2014 at 8:14:32 pm

Hello, I have shot a clip for a corporate video that will show a person navigating a website on an iphone. I used a green screen app on the phone, but once I brought the footage into AE, I realized I shot the clip over a bed of green grass (and the talent is wearing greenish clothes), and I should have used a blue screen instead. I'd prefer not to reshoot if possible, so since the phone is in someone's hand and is not stable, I'd like to be able to draw a mask over the screen of the phone, add it to the Keylight effect as an inverted Inside Mask to isolate it, then motion track this mask within my video clip. Is this possible? I've tried parenting the mask path properties to the position of a motion-tracked null object, but it moves the entire clip, not just the mask. I've never used Mocha for AE before either, but if it's a better application for this, I can learn on the fly. Thanks in advance!

Here's a slightly compressed screenshot from the video:

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Motion track a mask for Keylight
by on Sep 18, 2014 at 4:00:33 pm

Mocha is ideal for such tracking tasks. There are lots of tutorials at the Imagineer Site -

Look out for Steve Wright's tutorial series which are linked within the provided URL.

- Roland

TypeGEMs - the Definitive Type Gizmo for AE

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations
Adobe After Effects CC ACE/ACI
Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved