ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Transcode all clips used in a comp

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paulo Jan
Transcode all clips used in a comp
on Sep 17, 2014 at 4:05:09 pm

Hello:

I am looking for a script similar to Jeff Almasol's "Render layers"... except for the following: Jeff's script renders each layer used in a comp, but only the portion included in the in/out points, or only the portion included in the comp. I want to be able to render all the clips used in a given comp, but in their entirety, not just the parts that appear in the comp; in a way, a more accurate description would be "a way to transcode all clips used in a comp".

Does such a thing exist? I know how to code, so I could write it myself, but I just wanted to ask if it exists already, so that I can save myself the work :-).

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
Re: Transcode all clips used in a comp
on Sep 17, 2014 at 4:15:09 pm

assuming all your clips are in the same directory, i'd simply use a compression utility to transcode all the clips to a new directory, then rename the first directory so ae can't find it and then use the replace footage function to point ae to the new directory with the transcoded clips.

once it finds one missing clip, it should then find the rest of them if they were all in the same directory (or the same relative to the parent directory)

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

Paulo Jan
Re: Transcode all clips used in a comp
on Sep 17, 2014 at 4:28:28 pm

The problem is that they are not in the same directory. Also, I might want to render them with the same effects that I've applied to them in the comp.

(Yes, I want to render the clips regardless of their in/out points in the comp... but preserving whatever effects they have in the comp. Confusing? :-) Long story).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]