ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Creating a Video Presentation

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Crowley
Creating a Video Presentation
on Sep 16, 2014 at 3:30:53 pm

Hello,

I've been asked to create a 45 - minute animated video presentation that will play behind the speaker at a large conference. The only part that i'm struggling with is that the client does not know how long the speaker will spend talking on each subject so he wants an animation that loops until he's finished and then he'll move to the next talking point and the next animation begins.

How should I go about doing this?

The only way I can think of is that I have to break it all apart and link everything in Encore so when they hit skip it will hopefully animate to the next talking point seamlessly. I've look at one other post about this from 2011 and they also brought up creating it in Flash. I don't believe I have adobe Flash, and haven't used it in years so i wouldn't know where to start.

Just wondering if anyone has created something like this in the past and how they went about creating it.

Thanks for your time!

Scott

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Creating a Video Presentation
on Sep 16, 2014 at 4:42:29 pm

You can make the animations in AE, but for live speakers you'll need human input to change them. Ain't no way to do this stuff automatically, despite the client's best hopes. Sorry.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Scott Crowley
on Sep 16, 2014 at 5:07:41 pm

Hey Dave,

Thanks for the input, I may need to clarify though. The speaker or someone from the company would want to click/skip through once he's done talking on a certain point. So there would be human input, it wouldn't have to pause and then continue automatically.

Thanks for you time,

Scott

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Sep 16, 2014 at 5:14:24 pm

It seems to me the client's thinkin' in terms of Powerpoint. Is that what's expected that you deliver? A Powerpoint presentation?

You can still make animations in AE, but there's other stuff going on here in different applications; applications the client is comfortable working with.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Scott Crowley
on Sep 16, 2014 at 5:27:33 pm

Hey Dave,

Yes the client basically wants an animated Powerpoint presentation, like the other animations I've created for him in after effects. I haven't really used Powerpoint in the past and the client himself said that it doesn't handle embedded videos very well.

I guess the best I can do is provide them with each new talking point as a chapter on a DVD that they click through unless they are able to give me some timing.

Thanks for your time,

Scott

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Sep 16, 2014 at 5:43:03 pm

I'm no Powerpoint genius either, but I think the client's problem with embedded videos is in making the wrong choice of media containers (wmv, mov, mxf etc.) and codec (cinepak, h.262, ProRes 422, etc.).

If the client's a Windows kind of person, Windows media would probably do the trick. I'm told that Powerpoint takes about two hours to learn; I've only spent about 10 minutes looking at it, with very little interest.

And a DVD would work, too... or a Blu-Ray, depending on the client's level of sophistication.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Sep 17, 2014 at 12:55:52 pm

Depending on the size of the event, they may have a DDR like Playback Pro or Turbo available. In this case, you would prepare a set of ordered video files (intros and loops) and the "tape" operator would program and run the presentation.

You'll probably have to suffer dissolve transitions between clips, but hopefully you can design so as to minimize the visual impact this would have.

True seamlessness is very challenging and cannot be done with video without a more sophisticated, multi-layer media server.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Zeb Hansell
on Sep 17, 2015 at 12:05:09 am

Just chiming in here, nearly a YEAR later!!

... I'm setting up a presentation right now and trying to come up with the best way to create a responsive multimedia lecture. One way is to use a technology like Prezi. Using an iPad, or iPhone, you can save the entire presentation, so there is no need to have the internet, and saves load times.

Another really cool option is to build it like a slideshow using HTML 5!! Again, it can be saved locally, so there is no need for internet. Here is a link to a tutorial on building with HTML 5: http://www.lynda.com/CSS-tutorials/HTML5-Projects-Creating-Responsive-Prese...

Right on, -Zeb

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]