ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

CC light centre - combine path and movement

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Karel HejkalCC light centre - combine path and movement
by on Sep 14, 2014 at 5:13:55 pm

Hi,

I have this scenario. A person sits, palms on knees and between his palms there is a light (using CC Light Rays) that spins around. Sort of like an electron rounds atom centre. And the picture slides from right to left creating a parallax effect between the person and background.

So I need 1) light that spins round circle path 2) move this animation from left to right. /so lets say the combined path of the light is sort of spiral or spring/

Yet I am unable to make this animation work. I can solve the first part. But when I try to move the light, it rotates in its place, not moving from one side to the other. Or only moves, depends what solution I use.

I have tried... sort of everything that crossed my mind. Combinations of KFs taken from mask path, nulls, parenting, linking. Move layers, let camera be stable. Move camera, let layers be stable. Use camera, delete camera. Let the layers be 2d, 3d.

Nothing works. Maybe I did used bad combination of settings. Maybe it is not even possible to let the CC Light work this way.

I am sort of new to AE, but I have search a lot of tutorials, forum posts and have not found an advice so I am asking for a help here. But it may be that for my less experience I am missing some basic setting. And maybe someone would know the solution or see the missing piece.

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Karel HejkalRe: CC light centre - combine path and movement
by on Sep 15, 2014 at 7:46:30 am

OK. New day, new fresh idea... I did solved this one. By using a mathematical expression for spiral (that I googled) and adding a time*speed to X value. It looks like this:

radius=100
angle=time*200
x=(radius*Math.cos(degreesToRadians(angle)))-(time*21)
y=radius*Math.sin(degreesToRadians(angle))
z=0
centre=[1790,760,0]
add(centre,[x,y,z])

Yet if I would need any other moving path, lets say round a person's silhouette, the path I can not express by mathematics, I would be stuck. So if anyone knows the principle solution, I would be glad to learn it.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: CC light centre - combine path and movement
by on Sep 17, 2014 at 4:57:15 pm

You could get 3d layers moving in the way you want and then use the toComp expression to make your 2d point follow the 3d movement.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Karel HejkalRe: CC light centre - combine path and movement
by on Sep 17, 2014 at 7:34:48 pm

Hi, Michael,

thank you a lot. That does exactly that kind of trick I needed. And because I am working with more lights in the project, I will definitely use it to save a lot of time and nerves.

I owe you a beer :)

/<.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: CC light centre - combine path and movement
by on Sep 17, 2014 at 8:26:58 pm

Glad to help!

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]