ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

problem - AE Render Engine starts instead of full After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kirill Skorodelovproblem - AE Render Engine starts instead of full After Effects
by on Sep 12, 2014 at 10:14:38 am

Hi all,

I have a very strange issue which I don't understand how to fix. I work on Mac OS X 10.9.4 and have CS6 Production premium installed. I reinstalled After Effects (using the serial number provided with the disk) and updated it with AfterEffectsTrial-11.0.4-mul-AdobeUpdate patch (I had to update because original disk was for Mac OS X v10.6.8 or v10.7). And here the main story starts.

When I open After Effects the After Effects Render Engine starts instead of full version and of course I can only render with that using a watch folder. The same happens if I open an AE project directly. So the access to full version of After Effects is lost. But the Adobe After Effects CS6 application (674.2 MB) is visible in Applications/Adobe After Effects CS6 folder.

Did anyone face the same problem and successfully resolve it?

Thanks a lot in advance for the replies.
Kirill

Return to posts index

Kirill SkorodelovRe: problem - AE Render Engine starts instead of full After Effects
by on Sep 12, 2014 at 1:14:44 pm

Resolved! A file named ae_render_only_node.txt (telling it's the render-only machine) somehow appeared in Documents folder. And it prevented After Effects to start in full. Actually that's the file you should place in this location if you want your computer to be just a rendering station.

Everything got to normal after deleting it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]