ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Timeline not scrolling to older effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Anderson
Timeline not scrolling to older effects
on Sep 11, 2014 at 9:00:36 pm

Hey all,

I'm cloning a video band out of a scene that spans 4 seconds @ 24fps and am using the clone tool successfully to remove the band but after 3,000 or so clone effects per 'paint layer' (i.e. Paint 1, Paint 2, Paint 3 etc) effect the timeline doesn't let me scroll down below a certain point to 'disable (eyeball) the effect if I don't like it of wish to 'keep' a certain portion. Please help! Many thanks!

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Timeline not scrolling to older effects
on Sep 11, 2014 at 9:32:50 pm

3,000? That's a lot.

There is currently a bug in After Effects that causes various drawing problems for the user interface with you have a couple thousand or more items that need to be displayed in the Timeline panel.

Until we fix this bug, I recommend separating your work into some smaller pieces such that you're not running into this limit.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Matt Anderson
Re: Timeline not scrolling to older effects
on Sep 11, 2014 at 10:30:35 pm

Thanks for the info and I'll work with smaller separate effects from here on out. :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]