ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Video Scaling Difficulties, Full screen looks much better than lower scale.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike PanighettiVideo Scaling Difficulties, Full screen looks much better than lower scale.
by on Sep 8, 2014 at 7:37:41 pm
Last Edited By Mike Panighetti on Sep 8, 2014 at 8:08:22 pm

Here's the video link on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=778367038873366&set=vb.541025222607550...

When set to HD and Full Screen it looks perfect, but when in lower scale look specifically at the Romanson part at 0:05 seconds, its jagged and low quality. I'm hoping that this is an easy fix. I made these animations with vector originally and they looked pretty good at all sizes.

Hopefully someone on this forum will immediately know what's up :)

Edit: I've noticed that this happens on Youtube when the quality is set to 1080 or 720! So it seems to be an HD problem? The video looks great when its set to 480.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Video Scaling Difficulties, Full screen looks much better than lower scale.
by on Sep 9, 2014 at 1:31:12 am

That happens when video is scaled down to odd sizes during playback. I watched it in HD, fullscreen and it looked sharp. IMO, you delivered a high quality video that when played back full screen looks great, anything after that is the playback medium and really beyond your control.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Mike PanighettiRe: Video Scaling Difficulties, Full screen looks much better than lower scale.
by on Sep 9, 2014 at 3:45:13 am

Thanks for the kind words! I bet it has something to do with bitrate or something while those players aren't in Full Screen mode.

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Video Scaling Difficulties, Full screen looks much better than lower scale.
by on Sep 9, 2014 at 5:34:17 am

[Mike Panighetti] "I bet it has something to do with bitrate or something while those players aren't in Full Screen mode"

If the issue you're seeing is strictly a lower bitrate and not a poorly defined scaling algorithm then there would be a strong likelihood for compression artefacts in the scaled down version. Of course, it could also be a combination - and if so, again compression artefacts not related to a poor scaling algorithm will be introduced.

Cheers
- Roland

TypeGEMs - the Definitive Type Gizmo for AE
http://broadcastgems.com/typegems/

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations
Adobe After Effects CC ACE/ACI
Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor

http://www.broadcastgems.com/mographintensity_shapestext/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]