ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Renders shorter than set but said to be done with no errors

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Doug LyonsRenders shorter than set but said to be done with no errors
by on Sep 8, 2014 at 6:19:10 pm

I see so many posts here about overly long render times, but my problem's the inverse. I'm running AE CC 2014 on a new iMac with Mavericks. All software and operating system is up to date. No real problems with AE overall, but recently when I set something up in the render cue, launch the render, while rendering I then leave AE to return to either safari or premiere; the render will "zing" the render-complete audio cue, there are no errors sited, but the render is very short. It seems to be related to having Premiere open. I rarely keep AE projects nested within a premiere sequence although I will send stuff from the timeline to AE, then when I see that it is active in AE, I "undo" in Premiere to keep my original elements. Hop over to AE, do my work, export a render, import then go on. Possibly some corrupted linkage is there....

Has anyone else encountered this? Any thought on repairing it. I'll try it on background rendering to see if the same thing happens and report back. But this new strangeness indicates something else is happening.

-- A Proud member of the Reality Based Community since 1992.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Renders shorter than set but said to be done with no errors
by on Sep 8, 2014 at 8:44:32 pm

Adobe just announced a bug fix for CC 2014 is coming very soon. It clears up a lot of weirdness that people encounter. Case in point: the app now locks up if you try to scrub audio under certain circumstances. They say they've got the fix.

Will this update be the answer for you? I'd hope so, but here's the real point -- I think you can rule out operator error.... and I hope the bug fix gets you back on the road.

In the meantime, just hit the "Render" button and walk away........

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Matthew KeaneRe: Renders shorter than set but said to be done with no errors
by on Sep 9, 2014 at 11:13:55 am

I think you're right that dynamic link is the culprit. I occasionally see the same problem in CS6 when rendering from AE after linking from Premiere. It doesn't even have to be the linked comp - sometimes a new, unrelated, comp in the same AE project will only render the duration of the other, dynamically linked comp. Usually, quitting AE and Premiere and re-opening only AE will let me render the whole comp, but it's a pain.

As Dave says, fingers crossed there is a bug fix coming sometime...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved