ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects not rendering properly

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aidan O'Dowd
After Effects not rendering properly
on Sep 7, 2014 at 1:08:03 am

I have a pretty graphics-heavy astroid scene I created with Element 3D and After Effects, but when I went to render the final composition out, it was taking WAY too long. My solution: to render out each of the elements separately, and then bring them together again. I was successful in rendering the lens flare elements and cgi elements (created with Element 3D), but when I rendered my atmospheric elements, I encountered a major problem. They are fine during compositing and even when I do a RAM preview, but when i render it, several sections in random intervals get washed out or blurred (not exactly sure how to describe it). It only happens to some parts of the render. Also they atmospheric elements are large 4K images created in photoshop, exported as JPEGs, and are 3D layers in After Effects (not created with Element 3D). I've tried everything I can think of, but I've run out of ideas. I've included pictures of what it's supposed to look like (top image), and the blurred, washed out image that resulted from the render (bottom image).

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: After Effects not rendering properly
on Sep 8, 2014 at 1:03:37 am

Are you doing your RAM preview at full resolution, or reduced resolution?

If you do the RAM preview at full resolution, does the problem exist there, too?

Have you tried clearing your cache?

Ae CC/CC2014:
Edit > Purge > All Memory & Disk Cache

Ae CS6:
Preferences > Media & Disk Cache > Empty Disk Cache

Also, if you are running Ae CS6, make sure you've installed the updates. The persistent disk cache feature was new in CS6 and there were a good number of bug fixes in the CS6 point releases.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Aidan O'Dowd
on Sep 8, 2014 at 1:16:57 am

I did clear my cache and make sure I had all the updates, but that didn't fix it. However, I did turn off the cameras depth of field, and that fixed the problem. For some reason some of the frames were vastly out of focus... Thanks for your help though!

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Sep 8, 2014 at 1:31:52 am

Thanks for posting back with the solution!

If frames are clicking in and out of focus, and they should not be, you might consider filing a bug [link].

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]