ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Trying to send files to After Effects, keep getting "Importer is reporting a generic error" message?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Phil Snyder
Trying to send files to After Effects, keep getting "Importer is reporting a generic error" message?
on Sep 6, 2014 at 5:09:11 pm

I'm in Premiere Pro trying to use the "Replace with After Effects Composition" to send a clip into After Effects and I keep getting this "Importer is reporting a generic error" message. I'm working with a generated Color Matte but every clip I try to send gives me this message. I went on Adobe's tech support site and saw other queries about this but so far, no answers.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Trying to send files to After Effects, keep getting "Importer is reporting a generic error" message?
on Sep 8, 2014 at 1:37:38 pm

What version of AE? (I mean actual version number with all the decimals.)
What version of Premiere?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Phil Snyder
Re: Trying to send files to After Effects, keep getting "Importer is reporting a generic error" message?
on Sep 8, 2014 at 7:12:32 pm

After Effects CC 2014 13.0.2

Premiere Pro CC 2014 8.0.1

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Sep 9, 2014 at 1:19:17 pm

What happens if you use a clip of footage instead of a color matte?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]