ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Problem with object positioning?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Naglis RamanauskasProblem with object positioning?
by on Sep 6, 2014 at 1:04:25 pm

I have encountered a really weird problem, which I really don't know how to describe. The thing is when I am creating a motion path(for example), I firstly create a rounded rectangle shaped mask with the parameters that I need, and then when I cut the masks path and paste it on the position property, a motion path appears, but its properties are all off: its width is way longer then the original masks. I also frequently encounter other similar problems when positioning text or object, they often behave differently from the tutorials that I watch on the internet for example. I thought that some of my settings of anchor points or something was incorrectly preset or smth, but I haven't managed to find anything yet. I would very much appreciate your help, because this is really bugging me :).

Return to posts index

Brian CharlesRe: Problem with object positioning?
by on Sep 6, 2014 at 2:09:34 pm

When copying a mask for the purpose of pasting to the position parameter of a layer, the layer's position coordinates are determined by the layer's anchor point.

The initial position of the layer will be set by the first vertex of the mask path.

The first vertex of a mask can be changed by first selecting a single vertex then choosing Layer > Mask and Path Shape > Set First Vertex.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Problem with object positioning?
by on Sep 8, 2014 at 5:24:50 pm

To ensure that the desired motion path and the mask match, you solid must match the comp's horizontal & vertical resolution plus the pixel aspect ratio.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved