ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Client asks for a footage to be trimmed now all the animation is out of synch :-(

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Honan
Client asks for a footage to be trimmed now all the animation is out of synch :-(
on Sep 5, 2014 at 1:08:14 pm

Morning from 23 degrees C York UK :-)

Being new to after effects Ive learnt the hard way adding animated captions to video footage can cause a tonne of extra fixing when the client decides they want to add or subtract footage, making all your carefully precision timed animation all out of synch :-(

Put another way I send over draft #1 to the client (Video produced in Abode premier & captions added via After effects) they say Oh can we cut that beginning bit out? no problem you say then you get back to the desk and have to re fix all the text captions which are now mis alligned :-(

Am doing something wrong work flow wise? The projects are dynamically linked but my method of passing over video to after effects means I get one big solid footage timeline, all individual sequences are merged into one solid block.

Here is a screen grab for illustration:

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc53/zymurgy_bucket/after-effects-animat...

So my question is please:

"Is it best to get the video footage proofed first then add the animation to save hours of re timing your text captions or is there a way to preserve the individual footage sections in Premiere and stop it merging into one solid block (really hope that made sense!)"

Any insights welcome,
David

Return to posts index

Paulo Jan
Re: Client asks for a footage to be trimmed now all the animation is out of synch :-(
on Sep 5, 2014 at 4:09:25 pm

Why don't you create your captions in AE as comps, and then import them via Dynamic Link into Premiere? This way, they behave in Premiere as pieces of footage, and you can move them, trim them, etc.

Return to posts index

David Honan
Re: Client asks for a footage to be trimmed now all the animation is out of synch :-(
on Sep 5, 2014 at 5:29:34 pm

I think you have just saved me a tonne of pain! Grazie mille :-)

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
on Sep 6, 2014 at 1:16:07 am

Another option is to use the new Live Text Template feature which is an inter-app feature between PPro and AE. This feature allows you to edit AE Text Layers directly within PPro. Each AE Text Layer appears as a single item in PPro's Timeline. This makes editing text as well as sliding them along the Timeline an easy task.

As for workflow, it's always best to end your work with the app that works the fastest or provides the fastest feedback in terms of creating previews and making changes.

Every job we work on essentially entails only about 20-50% of creating. The other 50-80% of the time is required for tweaks and changes.

HTH
- Roland

TypeGEMs - the Definitive Type Gizmo for AE
http://broadcastgems.com/typegems/

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations
Adobe After Effects CC ACE/ACI
Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor

http://www.broadcastgems.com/mographintensity_shapestext/

Return to posts index

David Honan
on Oct 1, 2014 at 9:05:10 am

Thank Roland, interesting to hear that so much time is spent on clients amends, makes you think Its good to always approach a project with that ready to handle.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]