ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Magnify effect on Adjustment layer not working correctly, Shows original and magnified layer

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
lee gibbonsMagnify effect on Adjustment layer not working correctly, Shows original and magnified layer
by on Sep 5, 2014 at 9:08:47 am

Hi guys, Love this place always use this forum, and now its time for you guys to help me :P

It is kind of simple. I am trying to recreate this tutorial of Magnifying Text.

I want the Magnifying glass to scroll across the text, making the text enlarge on its own as it pans across.

but Once I add the magnify Effect to the Adjustment layer, it still shows the original layer at the bottom AND the magnified effect.(example below)

http://i.imgur.com/Ps1c5DS.jpg

I have tried changing the blending layer of the magnify, - nothing, I have tried precomping the bottom layer - nothing. Any ideas?

TLDR; Magnify does not hide the original layer below, shows the magnified layer and the original.

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Magnify effect on Adjustment layer not working correctly, Shows original and magnified layer
by on Sep 5, 2014 at 4:40:02 pm

Animate a circle shape the same size as the lens. Parent it to the lens so it moves with the lens. Use it as a track matte for the text.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]