ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Some image imports from Photoshop won't show in After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim ChanSome image imports from Photoshop won't show in After Effects
by on Sep 5, 2014 at 3:42:44 am

I'm creating an app and I used Photoshop. Imported the psd file into After effects. But somehow all the images won't show, only text.

I'm trying to animate it so it looks like a normal scroll up and down from an iPhone. But all the images which are off screen won't show up once I drag it into screen but at the same time the text are all fine. What is wrong? I definitely imported the psd file correctly, since I did it with another project a couple days ago.

Please help. Due date is Monday.

The only thing what's differnt is. The images are all in a clipping mask in Photoshop. All the circles are white shapes and I put the images as clipping mask to that.

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Some image imports from Photoshop won't show in After Effects
by on Sep 7, 2014 at 12:02:49 am

I'm not certain if Photoshop's Clipping Mask feature is supported in AE. Try flattening one use of a Clipping Mask and see if this is recognized when imported into AE.

Cheers
- Roland

TypeGEMs - the Definitive Type Gizmo for AE
http://broadcastgems.com/typegems/

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations
Adobe After Effects CC ACE/ACI
Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor

http://www.broadcastgems.com/mographintensity_shapestext/

Return to posts index

Tim ChanRe: Some image imports from Photoshop won't show in After Effects
by on Sep 7, 2014 at 1:06:55 am

Ohh yea I figure it only shows Photoshop clipping mask if I import those .psd files in After Effects and it is actually already in the visible screen. All the clipping mask which I pull, drag or move from off screen into the visible screen won't be shown.

So I found out how to solve this problem. Before importing the .psd file I just resize the canvas size in Photoshop. I enlarge it so all the clipping mask are visbile in Photoshop already and not offscreen. Later I import the .psd file in After Effect and everything is there. The only thing I need to change then is the screen size in Composition Setting.

THANKS ;)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]