ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Effect not applying

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Stonesifer
Effect not applying
on Sep 4, 2014 at 8:22:48 pm

I've been using a certain workflow for my projects, which has worked well for me, up until now. I have a selection of shots in a comp we'll call "All Shots." I drag-and-drop that into a new comp, called "Effects." Then I apply my different effects within the Effects comp.

I add the Remove Grain effect in this manner, and it's not applying, at all. Other effects show up, but not Remove Grain. So, I tried applying it to the raw footage in "All Shots." This worked fine. I cut the effect, and paste it onto the layer in "Effects," thinking maybe it's the settings. Nope, not that. Bear in mind, this has worked perfectly on other comps up until now.

Any guesses?? This is a somewhat large project with a few dynamic link references, but nothing ungodly. I'd love some suggestions!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Effect not applying
on Sep 4, 2014 at 9:12:43 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Sep 4, 2014 at 11:29:15 pm

Try Edit>Purge. Purge everything. If that doesn't work, find your AE Cache folder, drag the files into the trash, and empty the trash.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Tim Stonesifer
on Sep 5, 2014 at 12:48:00 pm

Thank you, Dave. I'll give that a try.

Return to posts index

Tim Stonesifer
on Sep 5, 2014 at 4:00:35 pm

Ok, I'm at a loss. I did Edit>Purge to no avail. Went into Preferences>Cache, and hit "Clean Database & Cache" under Conformed Media Cache. Also temporarily moved all the files from the listed disk cache location, since that folder seems to be shared among other applications. Rebooted the computer, and nothing. I'm running CS5.5 for what it's worth.

I've tried making a brand new composition, copying and pasting from the old comp. No luck. I'll try completely re-importing the clips into AE, but I'd love to figure out what's going on here.

Return to posts index

Tim Stonesifer
on Sep 5, 2014 at 4:25:16 pm

Well, reimporting the clips seemed to work, although I wish I could say 'Mystery solved!' Oh well.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]