ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Preview render stops when I browse net or anything aside from AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gina MillerPreview render stops when I browse net or anything aside from AE
by on Sep 4, 2014 at 12:03:24 am

When I am previewing a render, not the final, if it takes some time I want to go to my browser or go to another folder and do something else while I wait but then the prerender stops? Is there a way that I can change this so that it will still pre render and I can do other things at the same time? Thank you! Gina

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Preview render stops when I browse net or anything aside from AE
by on Sep 4, 2014 at 12:21:31 am

Show a screenshot of your Memory & Multiprocessing preference settings.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Gina MillerRe: Preview render stops when I browse net or anything aside from AE
by on Sep 4, 2014 at 1:31:31 am

Here it is:

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Preview render stops when I browse net or anything aside from AE
by on Sep 4, 2014 at 1:15:22 am

I believe that you have invoked a preview via the SPACEBAR. Such a preview will stop when AE is no longer the active application. Such a preview also does not include audio.

Instead, you should invoke a RAM Preview, which is done by hitting the ZERO key on the numeric keypad.

HTH
- Roland

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Adobe After Effects CC ACE/ACI
Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor

Return to posts index

by on Sep 4, 2014 at 1:35:05 am

Thanks Roland thats it, but RAM preview doesn't work if I hit zero for some reason I have to click the arrow?

Also - that will make it so I hear audio every time right?

G

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Preview render stops when I browse net or anything aside from AE
by on Sep 4, 2014 at 1:40:45 am

Hi Gina, it's the 0 key on the numeric keypad that starts a RAM Preview - NOT the 0 on the main keyboard.

You will hear audio provided the disable audio button in the Preview Panel is not switched on.

HTH
- Roland

Return to posts index

by on Sep 4, 2014 at 1:51:27 am

Oh shoot, I don't have one : ( I've got the small mac keyboard because my hands are so small. It doesn't have the numeric.

Return to posts index

by on Sep 4, 2014 at 1:58:16 am

There are alternative shortcut keys for AE users without a Numeric Keypad. Take a look-see here - http://blogs.adobe.com/aftereffects/2010/04/added-alternative-keyboard-sho....

Of course, the RAM Preview button in the Preview Panel is also a good alternative.

Cheers
- Roland

Return to posts index

by on Sep 4, 2014 at 2:04:00 am

Cool. Thanks! G

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Preview render stops when I browse net or anything aside from AE
by on Sep 4, 2014 at 6:05:08 pm

You may not be patient enough. When you hit zero on the numeric keypad, AE begins to BUILD a RAM Preview, and it keeps doing so until all the RAM available to it is filled. Then it plays it back in as close to real time as it can.

If you hit zero and expect instantaneous results, you won't get them. AE isn't an editing application where you hit the space bar and it plays -- it does different things, works in different ways and you must get used to the way it works.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]