ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Moving object removal

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Clément TrovatoMoving object removal
by on Sep 3, 2014 at 5:34:09 pm

Hi there,

I'm carrying out a video in which a tiny object, actually a fishing thread, pops in and out during many frames. It's kind of annoying me because even if the eye of the viewer isn't supposed to look there, i'd like to remove it because it's located in the foreground of my shots.
My issue is the following one : I'm new in AE CS6 and don't even know the basics very well but i usually figure it out watching some tutorials and especialy the creative cow's one on youtube. Bascially, the camera is fixed on the boat (which is moving) and i'd like to know how to remove the thread (which appears black) upon the (white) hull.
My idea is to use the following or previous frame each time to fill in the removed zone : as the thread pops in and out, it happens that one frame reveals an area hidden by the thread and another frame hids another zone, leaving the previous background clean.
I tried the Roto Brush Tool but it seems to me that it's used for removing background objects or extracting a front one in order to keep it.
I hope i've been clear ^^

Waiting for some supports, the most details of the way to do it will be greatly welcomed :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved