ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Possible to make a script to create different size boxes from layers?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joey McNamaraPossible to make a script to create different size boxes from layers?
by on Sep 3, 2014 at 8:33:11 am

Hi, I'd like to ask for some help in creating a (probably impossible to create) script in After Effects. I've never really used scripts before, and to be fair I'm not even sure if it's a script I'm looking for; I basically want something that'll do something similar to Photoshop's Action setting, i.e. run a set series of commands for me.

Basically, I'm just curious if I can create something that'll do the following from an Illustrator file that has each of the 6 faces of the cube in separate layers (I'll set the layers to 3D layers beforehand):

• Bottom- rotate x axis +90

• Top- rotate x axis -90

• Left- rotate y axis +90

• Right- rotate y axis -90

• Front- don't rotate

• Back- rotate y +180

• Attach the faces to make the cube with snapping enabled.

• And if it's possible, create a null and make it a parent of the 6 faces, either before running the script or during the script, and make it have a rotation of 0 at 0 seconds, and a rotation of 360 at 5 seconds. I'm not really that bothered about this part as it takes like 10 seconds tops to do, but I need to create a large amount of different sized 3D boxes to animate, and I'm hoping there's a way to avoid doing it manually.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Brian CharlesRe: Possible to make a script to create different size boxes from layers?
    by on Sep 3, 2014 at 2:31:32 pm

A script for this already exists.

http://aescripts.com/create3dshapes/

Return to posts index

Joey McNamaraRe: Possible to make a script to create different size boxes from layers?
    by on Sep 3, 2014 at 2:58:21 pm

Thanks for that. It's exactly what I was looking for.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
    © 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
    [TOP]