ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Odd Render Times, Can't Seem to Figure out why.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Austin HamiltonOdd Render Times, Can't Seem to Figure out why.
by on Sep 3, 2014 at 4:13:51 am

Hello, this is the first time I've ever had any render problems with AE. I am making a blackhole vortex explode in my video, and I have already made a couple scenes without a problem. However, for some reason the render times of this particular scene is at something like 600+ Hrs Est. Time. I will provide a screenshot at the bottom of the post.

The composition was first started by importing the same blackhole from the other scenes. I took the blackhole and all of its' layers and imported it into every different clip and adjusted it to the scene, so I would have the same exact looking blackhole for every frame/scene. It worked like a charm for the 3 other scenes I made, but as soon as I imported it this time, the RAM Preview window (even at Quarter resolution preview) would just take almost an hour to render out one single frame of preview.

I managed to somehow render a preview of a frame, and adjust the blackhole accordingly. Then, I went to render it as I actually somehow got it to look just right for the scene. Hopefully you've looked at the screenshot by now, as you see what my problem is. I hope the screenshot is useful... It's at about 36 hours now. It's honestly getting done... I just don't think it's normal for it to be taking this long. In the screenshot you see a blank screen, but that's because I zoomed out. It's gotten probably 40-50 frames done. Anyway, thanks for the help!!

My specs are: 2.4 Ghz Intel Core i7, 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3, OSX, AE CC. I am rendering it out to a Seagate 500 GB External HDD.

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Odd Render Times, Can't Seem to Figure out why.
by on Sep 3, 2014 at 3:40:45 pm

You'll need to provide details on the layer and effects that you're using. It could be that one or more of these variables is the cause for the long renders.

- Roland

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Adobe After Effects CC ACE/ACI
Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved