ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Element 3D Problem In need of Assistance: Custom Layers Don't Show Up No Matter What

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Volzer
Element 3D Problem In need of Assistance: Custom Layers Don't Show Up No Matter What
on Sep 3, 2014 at 2:21:21 am

In desperate need of some assistance. I'm trying to finish up a project, but I'm having trouble with Element 3D. Everything works fine except I can't get any custom layers/textures to work. No matter what technique I use to assign a custom layer or texture to a piece of the model the textures show up in the Assign Texture window, but won't show up in the Scene Setup Window or in After Effects.
I can assign a comp as a custom layer or select an image and neither technique works. I've updated AE, Element and the drivers for my card.
I was in contact with Video Copilot last week and sent them my project files and model, but I haven't heard back from them since Friday and the client really wants this project done asap.
Anyone have any ideas?

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
Re: Element 3D Problem In need of Assistance: Custom Layers Don't Show Up No Matter What
on Sep 3, 2014 at 1:23:52 pm

Is it a complicated model? or is it just a box for video? Have you tried changing the uv mapping? If you click on the object (not the material below it) in scene setup, scroll down to mapping or whatever its called. Try box, sphere, uv...etc Also, for uv mapping, make sure your texture is pre comped to be the same size as the comp itself. the scale must be at 100.

Return to posts index

Cole Domenico
Re: Element 3D Problem In need of Assistance: Custom Layers Don't Show Up No Matter What
on Aug 6, 2015 at 3:18:31 am

I have the same problem with trying to do it to a simple primitive model.

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
on Aug 7, 2015 at 10:25:47 am

If the custom layer is generated with effects rather than a video or an image, it needs to be precomposed, moving all effects to the precomp.

Return to posts index

Jono Gaughan
on Jan 14, 2016 at 3:20:49 pm

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I've been having the same issue for months now.

Return to posts index

Mark Volzer
on Jan 15, 2016 at 6:32:27 am

I had to move to a more powerful system with a more powerful graphics card.

Return to posts index

Jono Gaughan
on Jan 15, 2016 at 2:16:20 pm

Interesting. I'm running a 2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5 with 64 GB of RAM and a FirePro D700 graphics card, so I don't think system power is my issue. Also, Video Copilot's website says the D700 is supported. I'm not positive but I think this started when I updated AE a couple of versions ago. I'm currently running CC2015 v13.6.1.6. Is anyone else having this problem? Any insight would be appreciated!!

Return to posts index

Jono Gaughan
on Jan 15, 2016 at 3:24:38 pm

It seems that the new Element 3D patch (v2.2.2) fixed my problem! Thanks Videocopilot :)

Return to posts index

Mark Volzer
on Jan 15, 2016 at 11:00:30 pm

Yeah, it doesn't sound like power is your issue. For me my desktop has an older graphics card so it and Element are not friends, but it works fine on my laptop. I'd suggest trying the patch mentioned above.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]